Seagate 4TB ST4000NM0035 Enterprise v.5 7200rpm 6Gb/s 128Mb 512N Enterprise SATA drive
Product OverviewCapacity-Optimized Enterprise Hard Drive for Bulk-Data Applications
• 4TB, 3.5-inch enterprise drive with industry-leading 6-disk technology, resulting in 33% more storage in the same storage slot.
• Advanced Write Caching feature to utilize enhanced algorithms, resulting in the industry's highest nearline storage workload performance efficiencies-100% performance improvement in random writes over last-generation drive.
• Widely accepted, proven ninth-generation conventional perpendicular recording technology for reliable access to unstructured data in bulk storage applications.
• 12Gb/s SAS and SATA 6Gb/s interfaces in industry-standard advanced formats for easy integration into replicated and RAID multi-drive storage servers and systems.
• State-of-the-art cache, on-the-fly error-correction algorithms, super parity and end-to-end SAS-based data integrity for accurate data storage.
• Industry-leading rotational vibration tolerance design helps ensure consistent performance in dense multi-drive systems.
• Engineered for 24×7 workloads of 550TB/yr-10× that of desktop drives.
• Robust performance with dual processors, ramp load technology, top-cover-attached motor and humidity sensor for optimum performance in all chassis.
• Seagate Secure™ Self-Encrypting Drive featuring Instant Secure Erase for cost-saving drive retirement and secure data-at-rest protection.
• Seagate SeaTools™ diagnostic software to provide drive self-tests ensuring unnecessary downtime and maximizing TCO.FeaturesSuitable Applications:
• Hyperscale applications/cloud data centers with replicated storage.
• Massive scale-out data centers and big data analytics.
• High-capacity density RAID storage.
• Mainstream enterprise external storage arrays (SAN, NAS, DAS).
• Distributed file systems, including Hadoop and Ceph .
• Enterprise backup and restore-D2D, virtual tape.
• Centralized surveillance.